Web Designing Careers Prospects
Careers in web designing can be the right option for those having a sense of design or creativity. Web Designers are of great demand in IT, software and web hosting companies. A web designer can be absorbed in different fields such as advertising agencies, publishing houses, audio-visual media agencies, design studios, printers and typesetters, manufacturers and department stores, marketing firms, exhibits and displays and educational institutes, libraries and anyone who has a website. Many well established web designers work on a freelance basis, designing web sites for smaller companies. The growth is dependant on experience and creativity.
Web designer duties can vary depending upon the type of organisation worked for and the technical level of the website, but can include:
- meeting clients to identify their needs and liaising regularly with them;
- drawing up detailed website specifications;
- designing sample page layouts including text size and colours;
- designing graphics, animations and manipulating digital photographs;
- registering web domain names and organising the hosting of the website;
- presenting initial design ideas to clients;
- coding using a variety of software;
- working with different content management systems;
- search engine optimisation;
- meeting relevant legal requirements such as accessibility standards, freedom of information and privacy;
- designing the website’s visual imagery and ensuring it’s in line with company branding policy or the requirements of the client;
- proofreading content and making changes where necessary;
- editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages;
- working with other web specialists including web developers and graphic designers;
- liaising with outside agencies;
- testing the website to ensure it is working;
- handing the completed website over to the client;
- post-sales technical support;
- training client’s staff;
- researching current design trends;
- continual professional development to keep up to date with new software developments.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) and CorelDraw
- Conversion from PSD’s to HTML
- Creating website designs, Responsive design layout, compatible to all browser, mobile and tab.
- Should have the ability to understand requirements, conceptualize design layout, create prototypes, design, develop and build websites and landing page.
- Strong debugging/diagnostic and analytical skills.
- Should have passion to learn new things and ability to grasp the subject
- Research and design concepts for new templates that are usable, beautiful, and marketable,
- Design page layouts and interactions for templates
- Work closely with Template Developers during the template build process
- Contribute an in-depth understanding of different personas and audiences
- Work collaboratively with our team to create user friendly and attractive websites
- Knowledge in PHP, MySQL and experience in open source tools like WordPress & Magento is an added advantage