ZERODHA is India’s first and largest online discount broker started by Mr.Nitin Kamath, a trader by himself in 2010. Apart from bringing a competitive pricing model that made it the first of its kind, Zerodha is also acknowledged as a pioneer in technology for trading in India.
As its name, mixing the English word ‘Zero and the Sanksrit ‘Rodha’ (Barrier), would suggest, Zerodha had the vision to break possible barriers that various traders, investors and various other aspiring money-makers face in the country’s economic scenario. In the last six years, the broking house has steadily grown with leaps and bounds, becoming one of the main players in the BSE, NSE and the MCX with average daily turnovers of over Rs. 5000 crores.
Zerodha Brokerage Charges
When most of the brokerages firms were charging large amounts of money, Zerodha started offering all equity & Mutual Funds Investment for brokerage free and 0.01% or Rs 20 whichever is lower per executed order for all other segments be it equities intraday , currencies , FnO or commodities.
Pay attention to the phrase whichever is lower, that’s what makes zerodha different from others.There are other brokers like SAS Online, 5Paisa.com & ProStocks who charges flat Rs 9 to Rs 15 its cheap when you place order in bulk quantity but it actually becomes expensive when you place small small orders many times. With zerodha you will pay the minimum no matters whether you buy 1000 stocks in single trade or in 10 trades (10×100). When your brokerage is less , the service tax and education tax which is charged over brokerage also becomes less making your overall trade charges less.
Zerodha Other Charges
- DP charges for delivery based equity selling charged only on sell side – Rs 8 + Rs 5.5 = Rs 13.50 per transaction.
- Call and Trade feature is available at an extra cost of Rs 20/- per call.
- Digital Contract notes are sent via Email. Physical copies of contract notes can be ordered at additional charge of Rs 20/- per contract + Courier charges.
- Trade SMS alerts (optional) are charged at Rs 1 for Equity, F&O, and Currency trade alerts and Rs 0.50 for Commodity trade alerts.
- Instant payment gateway charges for over 22 banks – Rs 9 per fund transfer.
Account Opening Charges –
- Trading Account Opening Charges (One Time): Rs 200
- Demat account Opening Charges (One Time): Rs 100
- Trading Annual maintenance charges (AMC): NIL
- Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC): Rs 300 Per Year
- Commodity Account Opening Charges (One Time): Rs 200
Zerodha Platforms & Tools
Zerodha offers two platforms, a browser-based/Mobile application Kite and a desktop platform PI, which is the company’s flagship product and core focus.
Desktop Based Trading
- Advanced charting: 10 chart types with over 100+ indicators. without any cost for data is one of the big pluses of Pi.
- Algos, Strategies and Back Testing: Code advanced with a simple yet powerful scripting language.Use the free Historical data to back-test our strategies and even semi-automate them.
- Historical Data: 50,000 candles worth of FREE historical Data for Stocks, Indices, F&O,Currency and Commodity.
- Expert Advisors: Real Time trade signals from Automated Expert Advisors by using our own Strategies or Strategies from Others.
- Trading from the Charts : We can place orders from Charts, for the first time in India.
- PI Bridge: Pi Bridge to give seamless and reliable connectivity from the charting or programming tool to the trading engine on Pi. The plan is, whatever be your front end, will help to fire orders using the bridge.
Browser Based trading :
Kite is a very light, responsive but at the same time very powerful web and mobile trading application. It comes with the following features-
- Works at a bandwidth consumption of less than 0.5 kbps for a full market watch.
- Provides extensive charting with over 100 indicators and 6 chart types.
- Advanced order types like Bracket and cover orders.
- Millisecond order placement.
Mobile Trading Platform
Kite Mobile application is pretty much carries all the functionalities present in browser based kite trading application.
source : Beststockbrokers.in